This privately owned 206 hectare piece of heaven lies in a valley surrounded by crimson hills known as Enon Conglomerate Formations. The luxury tented camp lies against the slopes near a huge, sheer rock face, with views across the valley and the Little Karoo. The entertainment area is above a fully equipped kitchen and sheltered by an Enon Conglomerate overhang.
Toorfontein has remained largely untouched, its enchanted fountain still flowing past the camp site as it has for millennia, birds and bats frequent the rock overhangs as they have been doing for thousands of years, and small game hide out in the spekboom thickets of the valley. Spend the day bird watching, hiking or just relaxing and soul searching in the peace and quiet of the mountain slopes.
The farm is game fenced on the Western border and amazing cliffs on the Eastern side. The farm is fenced right around. The property is totally off the grid. Water is pumped from a borehole on the farm to by solar power to 2 x 2500 l water tanks. Power is generated by solar panels and batteries.
The facilities consist of the following:
• Elevated wooden boardwalks between the accommodation facilities, kitchen and entertainment area
• Fully equipped kitchen with indoor wood braai and gas stove dining area and relaxing sofa
• Entertainment area with 16-seater table and chairs
• Store room facilitating the batteries, inverter and generator
• 1Luxury tent with Kind size bed, huge deck with on suite bathroom with bath and heated outdoor shower
• 1 Luxury wooden cabin with on suite bathroom
• 2 nd Luxury tent with on suite bathroom and queen size bed.
• 2 underground septic tanks
Toorfontein can currently accommodate at least 8 people, making it perfect as:
• a laid-back holiday spot for families or friends
• a romantic holiday retreat
• a paradise for small groups of friends to unwind and enjoy nature
• a peaceful getaway for business people or small conference groups
• a secluded refuge for small groups of eco-enthusiasts, artists and nature photographers.
• Mountain biking paradise